Welcome to a new episode of black man with a gun show podcast, this week in addition to having a solar eclipse, I’m still trying to get on the schedules of some of the leaders of the gun community to share what they are doing with you.
- http://NAAGA.co president and founder Phil Smith on The future of National AA Gun Association
- Marcus Weldon starts his series sharing what happened to him and can happen with you after you defend yourself with a firearm. http://marcusweldon.com
- Michael j. Woodland shares a tip for shooting with one hand You can reach him at http://m-wtactical.com
- Sneak peak into what the theme for September will be for the podcast.
- The History segment takes us back to Nat Turner and 10 things you might not have known about him. On Aug. 21, 2017, skies darkened from Oregon to South Carolina in the first total solar eclipse visible from coast to coast across the United States in 99 years. It happened in 1831 and inspired Nat Turner to lead an uprising.
In August 1831, one of America’s largest slave uprisings strikes fear in the South and prompts some to call for an end to the institution of slavery. Nat Turner
- Turner was an educated minister as well as a slave.
- He once ran away from his master—and returned a month later.
- Turner claimed to have been divinely chosen to lead the rebellion.
- An eruption of Mount St. Helens may have triggered the launch of the rebellion.
- The slaves may have killed as many as 60 men, women and children.
- After eluding the militia for two months, Turner was captured by a farmer.
- More than 50 slaves were executed in the rebellion’s aftermath.
- The divinely inspired Turner ironically met his end in a town named Jerusalem.
- Turner may have been skinned after his execution.
- In the wake of the rebellion, states passed laws making it illegal to teach African-Americans how to read or write.
Special thanks to patrons of the podcast. You can be one too. Any size contribution monthly is appreciated. I know times are tough, but they are tougher when you don’t have the funds to produce good stuff for you. http://patreon.com/blackmanwithagun
This podcast is now part of the new gunpodcastnetwork.com. Its a service where I edit, produce and master a podcast.
Thank you for following us.
Get the podcast delivered directly to your phone on the Black Man With A Gun App. It’s free and you can follow Kenn Blanchard on social media with it.